Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas lunch

It's time for round two! In an attempt to simplify things a little, we ended up not going to Travis' aunt and uncle's house for the usual Christmas lunch. We were just so strapped for time, but this was also the first Christmas not spent in my grandma's home because of the fire and we wanted to have them over to our house for lunch. It certainly wasn't the same, but we were together and that's all that matters. And having my family over allowed us to spend more time together instead of making the drive back and forth to Bastrop. Of course, they had to make the trip, but it was so much easier on us this year. Anyway, we had fun cooking at the house (even if I do freak out a little over a messy and cluttered kitchen, haha) and we had way too much food and lots of left overs... I guess some things don't change. ;-) The kids were spoiled with gifts... can we say, 'Hello, Wii' (among other things!), but also got things they needed like pj's and clothes, thanks to my practical grandma. ;-) Again, it was a nice celebration and I'm really glad everyone came over.