Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas evening

Christmas Eve and Christmas was a lot more laid back than usual. Our Christmas whirlwind usually looks similar to this: Christmas Eve in Waco with my dad, Christmas morning at our casa, lunch with Travis' family at his aunt's house, dinner in Bastrop with my grandma and family and then Christmas with Travis' parents the day after Christmas. It's busy/busy and as our family has grown and the kids are getting older, that schedule was sounding pretty scary this year. It seems like everyone's plans changed up a bit and it allowed us to spend all of Christmas Eve at our house... baking cookies and taking pictures. The kids were happy and went to bed at a normal time. With my grandma back in Illinois receiving treatment, we didn't plan on going to Bastrop and took our time opening presents, being lazy and taking more pictures! We decided to skip out on lunch with Travis' family and just do Christmas dinner with his parents. This meant that the kids got to hang out and actually play with their new toys as opposed to rushing off to do our next Christmas. I missed our time in Bastrop with my family and wish that the reason we didn't go was for another reason other than my grandma not being there because of treatment, but it was nice to just sit back and relax this year. :-)



A few pictures at Travis' parent's house.










and MORE pictures at our house. I had a lot of fun trying to learn some new settings on my camera and trying out different lenses this year. It was fun to record Brooklyn sitting up for the first time unassisted on Christmas!! Yes, there's a pillow behind her because I didn't fully trust her, but she's doing it!!