Friday, July 15, 2011

Kinley is 4 months old

Okay, I have to start with the most important thing... we have a dimple!! Yes, I just noticed yesterday that Kinley has a dimple on her cheek! And no, I'm not talking about on her butt cheek (although she has plenty there and those are super cute as well!). And even though it's barely noticeable under those chunky cheeks, it is legit. Ahhh, I KNEW there was a good reason why I married Travis... dimples! ha ha! We're able to catch a glimpse of this little dimple because Kinley is one smiley baby! If I just look at her and say Hi, she melts in a shy way and becomes an instant cheeser. I've joked several times that she makes me feel like I'm Brad Pitt, or at least I assume that's the reaction he often gets from the ladies when he looks at them. Who knows, but it's a pretty good feeling! She's really starting to become more vocal and has given us some good belly laughs recently. We just need a good capture on the recorder now. She's holding on to her toys more and has started reaching out for them. She really wants to be moving- she's trying to roll over from back to tummy, but she's not quite there yet, and she can manage to scoot a little bit on her back by kicking off with her feet. 'Tummy time' has been a pretty slow progression. She doesn't like it and she's just now getting to where she can tolerate it for a couple of minutes. I feel like most babies are doing pretty good at that by now, I know Tyler was, but it has to be hard work trying to pick up that big ole' head of hers. :-) And speaking of big, she's growing like crazy!! I'm an on demand nurser and she clearly enjoys nursing. We go in for her 4 month check-up this week and I'll give updates on her stats, but I'm guessing she's 18+lbs. She's big!! We hear it all.the.time and I definitely do not get offended by anyone calling her chunky, chubby or fat, but the other day we heard our first... "Aww, she's so (pause, pause, pause) healthy!!" HAHA! She's fat! You can say it AND I absolutely love it!

Our sleeping situation is pretty similar to last month. Not much has changed. She still sleeps for about a 5 hour stretch on good nights and then wakes up every two hours afterwards. She's taking several shorter naps during the day, which has made planning for things and working a little more difficult, but hopefully, she'll settle in a good routine soon.

I think that about sums up what's going on right now. I'm excited for this next month as things are going to start becoming more fun for Kinley when we introduce her to the exersaucer and cereal for the first time. Stay tuned for those pictures!







(She was pretty fascinated by these striped pants)


Video of her attempting to scoot on her back. She's getting better at this.


*Update!* I'm two days late in actually publishing the above and Kinley started rolling from her back to tummy last night (6/16). She hasn't quite figured out what to do with her arms and that keeps her from completely rolling over, but I think this will count for her baby book milestone! :-)