Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just waitin'

I know I still have about six weeks to go, but I think I'm ready to get this baby show on the road! Aside from just feeling incredibly big and uncomfortable, (which is making me practically count the minutes until our little girl's due date), everything in the house is set and ready for her arrival. Nursery is complete, cradle is ready to go in our room, changing table has been reorganized to accommodate the baby and Tyler, all clothes/blankets have been washed and put away, all odds and ins have been purchased, Tyler/baby sister gifts to each other have been purchased, hospital checklist is ready, and nesting/organizing is done! We're ready!

It's pretty entertaining to think of how things were when I had six weeks left to go with Tyler. Our house was a complete disaster, we didn't have his nursery furniture yet and I was still driving my sporty Eclipse and car shopping for something more mommy-suited. We have pretty much redone every single thing in our house over the last 4 1/2 years, but these remodel photos are what was happening 5-6 weeks before Tyler's due date. It's absolutely crazy when I think back!

Our kitchen was completely updated: Travis had to do all the demo work first and then we did new counter tops, new appliances, fixtures, back splash and had our cabinets stained. It took several weeks to get this complete and throughout that time, we had no counters, no sink, stove or microwave and all of our dishes, etc. were stored in the dining room. Can you imagine not having a working kitchen for two weeks right before having a baby?! We replaced all the carpet in our house, Travis was redoing our fireplace, and we were finishing the master bath complete remodel (you can see some of the tape, etc. in the previous post of my 35 belly shot with Tyler).

Here are some of the pics I dug up:

(carpet replacement)




(fireplace before)


(fireplace remodel in progress)


(fireplace today)


(after Travis did the demo of counter tops and back splash in kitchen)






(no sink!)


(counter tops were installed, all dishes, etc. were removed and everything was taped off in preparation for cabinet staining)








(the one lonely piece of furniture we had in the living room)


(kitchen prior to move-in)


(kitchen today with all updates)




As you can see, it was a lot of chaos!! :-) It's a completely different calm this time around and I've enjoyed getting organized and actually being able to nest! One day I'll get around to posting pictures of all our remodel projects because they are pretty cool to look at. Sometimes I wonder why we didn't just build a house since we've literally redone everything inside/outside of this one.... next time, I guess. :-)