Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas at our house

I think it's called 'The most wonderful time of the year' for a good reason! It's absolutely my fav.o.rite holiday and having Tyler to share it with just makes it that much more fun!! He is very aware of all the Christmas festivities and has wanted to be apart of everything! I was a little too excited to get the Christmas ball rolling this year and had Travis and my brother up on the roof putting up some lights on Thanksgiving morning. haha. Travis finished up all our outside lights and decorating that weekend. He really does a lot to make Tyler and myself happy and this is just another instance where he does something without complaint to make this a special time for us- we're very lucky to have him. :-)

We got our tree up and ready yesterday. It was 80 degrees on Saturday at the Buda Fest (which felt way too warm to even think about getting a tree) and it was in the 50's yesterday- perfect tree weather. I'm glad we waited the extra day because not only did we get our tree up, we had our first fire since moving in and finishing the fireplace! It definitely set the holiday mood.

Our 'gingerbread house' as I like to call it. :-)


Here's our little helper hard at work...






















The tree has only been up for one day and we've only had one incident- not bad, right? While we were cooking dinner, Tyler decided to grab an ornament and pretend it was a ball, chunking it at the fireplace as hard as he could. Of course, it shattered into a million pieces and he immediately started saying, "I'm sorry," so he didn't get in trouble, but we had to explain (again) that the ornaments were not toys. Fingers crossed that the tree makes it for the rest of the month.





And on a different decorating note- these are our pine cones that Travis and I snagged during our vacation to California/Sequoia National Park during the Christmas holiday while I was pregnant with Tyler. I love pulling them out as part of our Christmas decorations now!