Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cookies for Santa

Now that Tyler has a good understanding of Christmas and Santa Claus, we decided THIS would be the year to start baking cookies for Santa. We always left cookies for Santa when I was younger (although I never remember making anything from scratch or making an entire day out of baking), so I'm looking forward to starting this tradition with Tyler. The truth is, up until a few weeks ago when I decided to do a trial run, I had never made cookies from scratch. Crazy thought now. It's not nearly as intimidating as I imagined. Anyway, despite Tyler and I both not feeling well (he was recovering from croup while I had a nasty head cold), we managed to whip up some fun in the kitchen! Tyler actually assisted in all the baking (and taste testing, of course!) and he did a great job!! Santa specifically requested some peanut butter cookies from us so that's what Tyler spent the most time on. We made peanut butter kisses, cake balls, melted snowman cookies and sugar cookies. And I should note: these were for Santa and NOT his reindeer, according to Tyler. Not sure what he has against poor Rudolph. :-)