Sunday, February 28, 2010

22 months old

Our 22 month old is definitely a mini-human (as Travis likes to say)! He repeats/copies just about everything we say or do these days. It's really cute. I think I have pretty much given up on logging the words that he often says since he now says so much. Although, I have to mention that he finally started saying 'Tyler!' We have been trying for months to get him to say his name and he hasn't even attempted to try. We would ask him to say Momma, Daddy, Uncle, etc. and he would. When we would ask him to say Tyler, he would just point to himself. It always made for a good laugh! Now, he says his name so well and he says it all.the.time. :-) He also started saying dog, cat and cow as opposed to just making their sounds when we ask him to say the word. While his vocabulary is growing very fast, he isn't putting many words together aside from: Bye whoever or Hi whoever. I'm sure that's coming soon though.

We are still easing into potty training. I am more proactive about taking him to the bathroom since he's shown such a huge interest over the last few months and so far he's doing great with it! I purchased one of those toilet seat inserts (that sit on the big toilet) and he doesn't care for that. He went from standing to sitting on the toilet now and it's so much easier in my opinion. He often tells me that he needs to pee and he always lets me know when he's made a 'poot' in his diaper. haha. He even woke me up at 4:00am to let me know he had to pee! I know we still have a long way to go with this, but I'm very proud of his initiative/interest and how well he's doing so far.

We have also recently implemented time out. I initially thought he was a little young for this, but I still wanted to try a consistent approach and get him familiar with the idea of time out... where it is and why he goes there. That is also working out well! There is no struggle to get him to go to time out, in fact, the few times that I've told him he has to go, he gladly runs to his spot! However, once he sits down for a couple of seconds, he gets up, gives me a hug and tells me he's sorry. Fingers crossed it's always this easy, but who am I kidding??





Up the slide backwards~




And back down again~


Posted against the dishwasher~


A few videos of Tyler saying a few words before I've kinda given up on recording them.





ABC's with not a lot of patience. This was actually taken a couple of weeks ago and he would usually say all of the letters pretty well, but of course, it didn't come out quite as good when I recorded him. He's gotten a lot better at this over a couple of weeks!