Wednesday, October 5, 2016

School updates

The kids have had such a great start to the school year! Kinley is loving school and her teacher, Mrs. Davis. She can have such a wild and loud personality at times, but it sounds like she's doing so good and I've been getting great feedback on how she is listening, being helpful and working hard! She was the first Star of the Week, first to bring Snoopy home, the line leader and is in charge of dispensing hand sanitizer, which just cracks me up! You'd have to see her anytime outside of school with hand sanitizer. She will take a bath in it if I let her and now she's in charge of it! Crazy! She also managed to warm over the "grouchy school lunch monitor" after the first day! This is no joke- I have never seen this lady smile in the three years that I have floated around that school with Tyler. She has never tried to acknowledge me. I had lunch with Kinley and I couldn't shake the lunch lady! She raved about Kinley's cuteness and I think she wants to be my best friend now! She invited us to Church and offered to watch Brooklyn! HaHa!! This does not surprise me in the slightest. Kinley has quite a way with everyone!! She got lucky and two of her really good friends prior to kinder are in her class (Syenna and Kenzie). She has already made a few other really good friends (Finley, Betty and Brooke). They are all precious and practically trip over each other to greet and hug Kinley in the mornings! :-)

Tyler is doing just as well! His teacher, Mrs. Myers, is so calm and nurturing and that's what Tyler needs. Even though we didn't test for Gifted and Talented, he's in a GT class. I was really worried that he might struggle, but so far, he's doing great! I have tried to stay in communication with his teachers about this and I think they sense my worry. His language arts teacher, Mrs. Russell, called Travis and told him that Tyler was the only one to score a 100 on a test! She said that he's generally slower, but that's because he is taking his time to make sure he gets everything right! We couldn't have been more proud! He has good kids in his class that don't cause a lot of disruption, which is great! He's excited to have his BFF, Cash in class with him again this year!

I'm SO happy that things are going well so far!

The kinder kids learn all about colors at the beginning of school and everyone participates by wearing the same color.

green


black and white


orange


pink


lunch with Tyler and Cash