Sunday, March 15, 2015

Happy 4th Birthday, Baby girl!


Another birthday has snuck up on us and you are celebrating number FOUR! You are growing up right before my eyes and I can’t believe what a big girl you seem to be now. We have had another busy year! We welcomed baby sister to our family last summer and you are such a good big sister to her. I worried about how you would handle sharing the girl spot light, but it hasn’t been as difficult as I imagined. Sure, you have your moments, but for the most part, you love on Brooklyn as much as you can and you are eager to help me do anything for her. You like being my "little momma helper." You have such a magical personality that draws people in and trust me, you still receive plenty of attention, even with a tiny baby by your side. Everyone notices you! You are still my fun, crazy, wild, feisty and sassy girl. Oh, you’re getting sassy! Hand on the hip, talking back to Mommy and Daddy kind of sassy. You have opinions and ideas and you let them be known. You are getting sneaky as well. Just the other day, you thought you were pulling one over on me when I told you that you couldn’t take your snack into the living room and you then proceeded to walk past me with your arms extended and your hands clasped together, pretending it was your elephant trunk. Of course, your snack was tucked in your “trunk.” ;-) You can definitely be challenging at times, but when I’m left with my thoughts at the end of the day, I think about how awesome you are and I wouldn’t trade a single thing about you for anything in the world!

I love to watch you sing and dance, always entertaining those around you. You are doing another year of dance and preparing for your 2nd dance recital. You know what to expect this time and you’re excited! You are still Frozen obsessed. You’re either singing Frozen songs or playing with your Elsa and Anna dolls all day! You have recently figured out how to search YouTube videos and watch whatever you can find that’s related to Frozen. You are starting blast ball, which is like an intro to t-ball and we’re all very excited about that. You have watched Tyler the past couple of years and now you’re ready to give it a try! I think Bubba is your hero! When you are mad at the world, he is the person you want and he has a way of making you laugh again. You definitely have each others back and it's such a joy for me to see this bond between you two continue to grow! You guys are sharing his room at night. I’m not sure when you’ll move out, but being together provides comfort for you both. He has recently introduced you into the world of Minecraft and you guys love playing that together. Your favorite shows are: Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, Sheriff Callie’s Wild West, My Little Pony and Paw Patrol. Potty training sure has proven to be difficult for us, but I think we’re finally there. You are so excited to start pre-k in the Fall and that incentive has definitely helped with potty training. When we drive past the school, you light up with excitement! You are hoping to be in class with your BFF, Makenzie. I still have a hard time thinking about you being big enough to head off to pre-k! Especially when you still say cute things like, “Bampaw Bill” “holy wacomole” and “hi to meet you.” You’re too small for school! ;-)

It’s hard to imagine that you are becoming more beautiful, but you are. Your Daddy says that it’s not fair to the rest of the people in the world. ;-) But seriously, everyone comments on how pretty you are all.the.time. Strangers will stop us to compliment you. Of course, I’m a proud momma and I always want you to know that you’re beautiful, but now that you're getting older and taking notice to what people are saying, I also want you to know that you bring other wonderful qualities to the table as well and I try to remind you of this constantly. Now you tell me, “I am smart” and point to your head. “I am strong” and you show me both of your arm muscles. “I am funny” and you start to laugh. “I am nice” and you smile sweetly. These are qualities that I always want you to appreciate about yourself!

When I was kissing one of your boo boo’s recently, you told me that it was better because "moms are magical." And then you said, “You know, Kinleys are magical, too.” I couldn’t agree with you more!! I hope number four brings you a year of fun, learning, happiness… and lots of magic! Happy Birthday, baby girl! I love you!


Love,

Mommy