Thursday, March 15, 2012

Happy First Birthday, Baby Girl.

It's hard to believe that you are already ONE year old! The time has flown by faster than it ever has and I remember the day we found out we were having a girl just like it was yesterday. I was surprised to hear the news because I was so used to raising a boy, but I have always dreamed of the day that I would have a daughter and was so excited about your arrival.

One year ago today at 5:33pm, you made that dream a reality. Perfect in every way, I fell completely in love the moment I saw you. Your Daddy and I love your brother like crazy and I think it's a common worry to wonder how you can possibly love anyone else as much, but you immediately had as much of our hearts as Tyler did. It's pretty amazing how that can happen. Since that day, we've shared many hugs and kisses and I have some wonderful memories that will last always.

You have grown and changed so much in the past year. You went from one of the smallest babies I have ever seen to one of the biggest. A sleepy newborn to an inquisitive toddler. It wasn't long ago that you could barely grasp at a rattle with your tiny fingers and now you pull yourself up on everything and climb each staircase, giggling all the way to the top. You truly have "a smile that will light up a room" and I have seen it happen more times than I can count. You scrunch your little nose and flash your pearly whites and people just fall in love with you. You are lucky to have such a charming ability. You are stubborn and persistent. You have a temper like no other and keep us on our toes. You 're loud and opinionated, but you can also be shy and reserved. I love the moments when you choose to be shy and reserved because I get to hold you close and snuggle. You are my little shadow, definitely a Momma's girl and I absolutely love that we already share a special bond.

This past year has been overwhelming at times with trying to figure out the dynamics of being a family of four, but I think we're doing a good job at getting there. I think that you have made our family more fun... more complete and I'm looking forward to all that we'll share together during this next year. I hope that this next year brings you many discoveries and more love than you can handle.

Thank you for adding more beauty and happiness to my life. Happy first birthday, baby girl.

I love you,
Mommy


Waking up from naptime to a room full of balloons~
























I spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect first birthday gift for you and I hope that one day you'll appreciate your first set of pearls. I know you won't wear this bracelet very often, but I loved the idea of an heirloom gift that you can use on your wedding day or pass on to your own daughter one day. :-)