Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pappa is our angel.

My Grandpa and Tyler's Great-Grandpa passed away this past Saturday night and we had a very nice service for him today. We found out in December that he had cancer and by the time it was detected, it had already consumed his entire body. Luckily, he didn't have to suffer through the pain of cancer for too long. Pappa was a good man and he battled several other demons as well. I'm okay knowing that he is in a better place, watching over us and is finally able to be at peace. I wish more than anything that Tyler was able to spend more time with him, but I am grateful for the many memories that I have and look forward to sharing them with Tyler (and I'm sure some of those memories will be shared over homemade vanilla ice cream- I so wish that I had gotten Pappa's yummy recipe before he got sick!). I will always cherish our time together.





You will always be in our hearts, Pappa. We love you~


************************************************************
Tyler got all dressed up for Pappa. This put a few smiles on a few faces too.






We were able to spend a little time with some family members that we rarely see, including Tyler's Great-Great Grandma Gracie. (yes, great-great grandma!)