Monday, January 15, 2024

New Beginnings

This might be my favorite post ever.  After 21 years of being incarcerated, Brent is FINALLY home!  We had the best weekend celebrating and just enjoying family time together!  I haven't been in the same room with my mom, dad and both of my brothers in maybe... 25 years.  It was so nice because we all packed up and met at the release unit in Gatesville and waited to see Brent as he walked out of the gates as a free man!  I'm so glad we did that because it was one of the happiest moments and we were all together!  Our time was pretty short at the unit because it was literally freezing and insanely windy, so we went to a little restaurant close by to visit.  Then dad and Peggy hosted everyone at their house.  Peggy was so sweet and got a cake to celebrate Brent's late graduation from Lee College.  He opened Christmas presents, did art projects with the kids, probably ate too much food, did karaoke, and hung out by the fire until midnight.  I  know he was exhausted, but he hung in there with all of us.  Ha.  It was such a great reunion!  Everything seems a little more right in the world now!           



















































Checking out his new truck! 











I thought this was so cute.  My dad said he was standing on his tip toes to be taller, so the boys did as well.  Ha.    

"Lord, I'm free"




A light snow fall at the farm.