Friday, February 1, 2019

That's a wrap- Full-time SAHM

After almost 16 years with the lawfirm, I got laid off. Dan gave me a heads up a few months ago that he was taking on less work and my part-time postition would end at the end of January. Honestly, I'm surprised that I have managed this gig for as long as I have. Even though it wasn't my dream job, I couldn't have asked for a better boss and consider him like family. I will always be thankful that he allowed me the opportunity to work from home for over 10 years(!) to raise my babies and be present with them every day while still being able to contribute financially at home. I have so many friends that would have given so much to have a similar situation. A lot of people had no idea that I even had a "real job" until I mentioned getting laid off because I have been able to do so much and always worked around the kids' schedules/playdates and school schedules. It stinks that it's over and I definitely stressed about it at first (especially, with all of the real estate things that we've had going on), BUT I'm excited about taking a little break and organizing my life/our house/the rental houses/all the things. I feel like I've been going for so long and a forced break is exactly what I need right now! And who knows what I'll do next! I was surprised with flowers from Dan and my dad on my last day. :-)