Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bluebonnet Fail

Despite these few cute pictures of Tyler in the bluebonnets, this was definitely what I consider a bluebonnet F.A.I.L. First, when I scoped out this location, there appeared to be more bluebonnets from the road than what there really was. Oh well. Bluebonnets are bluebonnets and I bought my first dress for Kinley, specifically for the bluebonnets, so we were committed at this point! I bribed Tyler beforehand- that if he took some pictures with baby sister in the flowers, I'd get him a cherry limeade from Sonic, so he was pretty excited and more than willing to take the pictures. :-) After these first few pictures, he started picking flowers/weeds and either something stung his thumb or he grabbed the wrong type of plant (?), which turned into a mess as his thumb had welts on it and he cried. I tried to pack it up then, but Tyler quickly shook it off and wanted to take the pictures with Kinley so he could still get his cherry limeade. He would have gotten it either way, but since he was willing, I was willing. We put a blanket down to protect them... just in case. Kinley sat still for one picture and then Tyler started complaining that she was too heavy, so we shifted positions. She started screaming, Tyler accidentally let her roll off his arm and she face planted into the blanket. She really started screaming as I scooped her up in panic and then Tyler started crying hysterically because he thought that he hurt her and he thought that he wasn't going to get his cherry limeade because of it. He then realized just how much his thumb was hurting. It was complete chaos and I think it's safe to say that I was a little too ambitious in trying to get bluebonnet pictures with a three year old and three week old! Ugg... However, the cherry limeade was good. Not worth it, but good!









And here it is... bluebonnet fail~


I was still determined to get a picture of these two in their blue outfits, so we tried again at the house. And, well... this is what I got. ;-)