Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow- it's 2010! CRAZY! We didn't do anything special, although I consider hanging out with my hubby and sweet baby pretty special. We only hung out together until about 11pm though and then Travis fell asleep while putting Tyler to bed and left me to ring in the New Year all.by.myself (despite my three attempts to try and wake him up). I've been giving him a pretty hard time about this. haha. It was still a fun evening. I watched the ball drop on TV, enjoyed a firework show in the freezing cold with Cooper and our neighbors and sipped champagne while watching a silly MTV show. Good times!

We have a lot of goals for the New Year. We are hoping to start saving my paychecks and try to learn to live on Travis' alone. We are going to try to become debt free of our credit cards. And, hopefully, if we can manage those things, by the end of the year, we will be in a position to purchase some type of income property with my brother or at least be in a financial position to start looking and then wait for a good deal. We still have several projects to wrap up on our house and I'm excited because Travis and I have both started the New Year motivated to get that done! After 3 1/2 years of not having a master shower, we FINALLY picked out tile for it and are about to finish that up. We just installed a beautiful bath vanity in our 1/2 bathroom and that room is finally complete and I've been painting and updating our master bath cabinets all week. So far, we're off to a really good start!

I hope 2010 brings us, as well as all of our family and friends a lot of happiness! Happy New Year!